Attorney Benkel understands the details of the tax laws and regulations.
A Former IRS Attorney With Over 30 Years Of Practice Experience
Tax Planning For Individuals
Alternatives To IRS Collection Actions
If there is one unbreakable rule with regard to the Internal Revenue Service, it is this: do not ignore or evade communication related to your tax debt. In some instances, if taxpayers fail to satisfy a tax debt in a timely manner, the IRS will take action and proceed with collection activities. Depending on the circumstances, this could include the following:
- A lien on your home, property or other assets as security for your tax obligation
- A levy, or seizure of your assets or bank accounts to satisfy a tax liability
- A garnishment of your wages to pay a tax debt
Fortunately, these drastic measures can be avoided. There are options and alternatives available.
Finding Solutions To Tax Problems
I am Max Benkel, a former IRS lawyer and veteran tax attorney. For many years, my firm, the Law Offices of Max Benkel, P.C., has assisted individuals in Atlanta and throughout the state of Georgia, find alternative solutions to IRS collection actions.
Some of the ways in which I may be able to help you include:
- Setting up an offer in compromise to reduce your overall tax liability
- Negotiating an installment payment plan where you will pay down your tax debt with monthly payments over a period of time
- If necessary, I can help you file for bankruptcy, which in some cases may be your best option in terms of tax relief
Which option is best for you will depend on your circumstance and the type of action the IRS has taken. I invite you to contact me to discuss your situation. I have handled many different tax controversies, from million-dollar property liens to Social Security garnishments. I can help you.
Set Up A Free Consultation Today
Contact my office in Atlanta at 404-287-0053 to set up an appointment to discuss solutions to your IRS lien, levy, garnishment or another collection action. I offer flexible evening and weekend appointments if necessary. I also accept all major credit cards. Feel free to also send me an email about your issue.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.